Andrea Electronics Corp Andrea Electronics Corporation was originally founded in 1934 as Andrea Radio Corporation. They were the leaders in radio production in the 1940’s. They were one of the first television manufacturers in the country, and by the 1950’s, they were known as the Cadillac of televisions.
In 1960, the corporation went public and began trading on the American Stock Exchange under the symbol AND. Later on in the 60’s, Andrea Corporation flew into space by providing the astronaut audio system for the Mercury Spacecraft. In the 1970’s and 1980’s, Andrea became a premier supplier of high performance avionic intercom equipment for defense industry manufacturers like Bell Helicopter, Sikorsky and Lockheed Martin. In 1990, Andrea formed an active noise cancellation division and changed it’s name to Andrea Electronics Corporation to better reflect its new strategic direction.
The company has successfully transformed itself from a manufacturer of industrial and military intercommunication systems to become a creator of innovative audio technologies, incorporating new patented and patent pending technologies to enable natural language interfaces and enhance the performance of voice related PC applications. Since its inception, the company has gone through a remarkable evolution as an audio technology leader, meeting the ever-changing needs of a demanding audio communications marketplace. Engineering.